Podcast with Felicity Davies: The link between gut health & behaviour
Felicity Davies is an Australian Horsemanship & Mindset Mentor, who hosts the Equestrian Perspective Podcast. She is obsessed with helping horses and riders feel confident in any environment whilst using compassionate methods, and in this episode she speaks with our own Linda Goldspink-Lord; Author, Entrepreneur, Speaker and Director of Poseidon Animal Health.
In this episode Felicity and Linda have a wide-ranging conversation about the link between gut health and behaviour and how we can better support our horses.
- An overview of Linda's journey with horses
- How she saw the link between gut health and behaviour in herself and how that transitioned over to animals
- Signs that your horse might show if their gut health isn't in an optimal state
- The importance of feeding our horses a balanced, forage-based diet
- The importance of transitioning our horses slowly onto new feeds, including grass and hay where possible
- "Poor doers" and how to improve their feed conversion efficiency
- A realistic look at timelines when we are looking to improve things
- Maintaining a curious mind and asking questions if you are unsure about something and so much more.